Preparing for Seasonal Storms
Here in Morgantown, we are no strangers to the seasonal storms that affect our area. Whether it be hurricanes, flooding, snowstorms, or freezes it is important to be prepared for whatever may come. Part of being prepared is knowing what to do when the storm has passed.
If you find yourself being affected by a storm event in the area, call SERVPRO of Morgantown immediately. Time is of the essence in these types of situations, so it is important to act as quickly as possible so we can start making your storm damage, "Like it never even happened."
How You Can Start Preparing Now:
- Know Our Area's Risk Heavy rainfall, high winds, flooding, snowstorms and freezes are weather related things our area needs to be aware and cautious of.
- Stock Up on The Necessities It is not uncommon for these larger storms to lead to power outages. Make sure you are stocked up on water, food, batteries for flashlights, and anything else you may need to feel more comfortable during a power outage. Keeping your cell phones fully charged as the storm nears is also smart; being able to contact family, friends, and first responders is always important!
- Stay Informed Keep an eye on our local news and weather alerts, for information regarding the storm.
- Staying alert for flash flood warnings and strong wind advisories can help keep you and your family safe throughout the storm.
- Have a Backup Plan If your home is in an area prone to flash flooding, have a backup plan!
Call relatives and friends and make a plan to visit a home in a safer location during the storm! For more information on emergency preparedness, visit ready.gov.
Tracie "Dusty" Nichols